Expert services in the fields of regional and urban development and associated areas
Elycon LLC and its expert partners have 15 years of experience in urban and regional planning. Over the past years, we have participated in the preparation and assessment of development programs for dozens of towns, micro-regions, and counties, including integrated urban planning strategies and the assessment of action area plans.
Development concepts, strategies, and action plans are prepared in compliance with applicable legislation and, for tender applications, as dictated by the guidelines for applicants. For instance, in the preparation and submission of regional development documents we act in compliance with the regulations of Government Decree No 218/2009 (6th October.) on the content requirements of regional development concepts, regional development programmes and spatial plans, and the detailed rules of their interrelations, drafting, harmonisation, adoption and publication.
Main phases of regional planning
- Preparatory activities, preparation of a Ganttchart
- Identification and organization of external factors
- Analysis of the tool andinstitutional infrastructure required for regional planning
- Analysis of internal resources and characteristics
- Situation analysis (SWOT analysis, scenarios, potential development directions)
- Setting of vision
- Setting of targets and priorities
- Determining strategic and operative interventions, preparation of logical framework matrices
- Coherence study of disciplinary/regional interrelations and documents
- Environmental, social, and economic impact studies
- Financial plans, resource allocation
- Institutional/implementation frameworks, monitoring tools